18. Do you plan to write another story with the character from Second Chancesâ€“I can’t remember the friend’s name, but he was a Dom that Jude knew and met again near the end of the book. I would love to see him get an HEA
Cole? I’d like to at some point, yes.
19. Who is the stinker who decides when to put an Ebook in print??? There are some of us who like real books and not another computer 😈 👿 which makes the entertainment feel like work.
LOL, well, digital books are real too! As for who decides? It’s not me except for when I write for Carina, which I know going in is mainly digital only. At Samhain, all my digital books will go to print 10 -12 months after the digital release if they’re long enough (usually 50-55K). So if it’s a novella it may not go to print unless it gets combined with another novella. I don’t usually write that short though so it’ll be a while for some like Fated and Always. At Berkley my books all go to digital and print excerpt for a digital only special novella I’m doing next year featuring Todd, Erin and Ben from Laid Bare. Carina is currently mostly digital. Otherwise, sometimes I just don’t know and I don’t usually find out until I see a book available in print up at Amazon (just had this experience today).
20. What made you decide to be an author?
I’ve always written. Short stories, poetry, editorials, etc. But I didn’t really decide to pursue writing professionally until I was pregnant with my daughter and I was on modified bed rest so I had a lot of down time. My husband brought home a second hand laptop and I wrote Triad on it. I love writing books. I love how I continue to learn new things with each new story. I’m a very fortunate person to get to do this 🙂
21. Hooked on Cascadia series, reading Fated right now. How long is the series going to run?
Thank you! The Cascadia series ends with Trinity, which spins off into a new series called de La Vega Cats. I won’t spoil the end of the Cascadia series but I will say you’ll continue to get glimpses of the wolves in the new series.
22. Now that the Brown Siblings have gone through all of the brothers and sisters will you be doing books for secondary characters, or will you be starting a new series?
The new series will start next fall and will feature Gillian’s friends who you’ll meet in Never Enough. Looks like the first book will be Tart – Jules’ story.
23. I am sure that being an author and co writing with other authors you have a lot of access to books to so are there any must reads from your end?
I have must reads all the time! I get very excited by pre-orders and I can’t lie, one of my favorite things is when I know an author and we trade books back and forth 🙂 I still buy though, and usually give those copies away in contests. I just pre-ordered a horror novel, Those Across the River based on an awesome review I saw in RT and I am dying to read the next JD Robb as well.
24. If you could be a shapeshifter what would your animal be?
Hm, probably a big cat like a jaguar or a wolf.
25. I know Raven’s getting her own book. By any chance will we see a book for Ella’s brother? I was so intrigued by what little we saw of him in Inside Out.
Renee just asked:
26. When is the next DeLaVega book coming out. I have all of the Cascadia series and the 2 DeLaVega books. Hooked on them. Reread them all the time, but need fresh stories….. Please Please Please give me another book
It’s totally out of my hands right now. I sent the proposal in to my editor. I have to wait to hear back from her before I know anything else!