Thirteen Favorite Moments
In No Particular Order!
1. The birth of my first child. Long story short, it was scary but he was fine and my life forever changed in that moment.
2. Meeting my husband for the first time. Okay so I walked into his house (I knew one of his roomates) clapped eyes on him and two months later we had our own apartment and we just celebrated twenty-one years together. He’s been the best thing in my life.
3. When I found out I was pregnant with our third child. My entire life and plans went cattywompus.
4. Deciding to “give that writing thing a chance” when I was on bed rest with a high risk pregnancy of said third child.
5. Having child number two after a seriously high needs infant. I wasn’t sure I could do it again. I was terrified of having the same experience but he was such a sweet baby. He slept so well and didn’t turn into a hell child until he turned about 17 months or so, LOL.
6. Selling Triad to Ellora’s Cave. My first book and it was huge for me in so many ways. My life changed and I had no idea how much until I looked back a few years later.
7. Getting an email from this stranger named Laura Bradford. She’d read Triad and had this literary agency and did I want to talk? I gained an excellent agent who believes in me and a wonderful friend.
8. Signing up at livejournal. At livejournal I met Anya Bast. I read her stuff and was like, WOW!~ Then through her and some other writer type folks, I met Megan Hart. We knew each other online a bit and I picked Megan up from the airport for a conference here in Seattle. I’m a lucky chick to have such fab friends.
9. My first day of college. Actually all four years, but it was such a magical moment, important, life changing.
10. My graduation from law school.
11. Selling Stripped to Harlequin Spice – I really began to believe it might just actually happen. It was enough to get me through the next ten months of being rejected over and over in NY.
12. Selling Battlefront to Berkley Heat – a deal for a book that’s mine. Mine to make a success of or not.
13. Sending Giving Chase to Samhain. I’ve been so blessed to write there. I tried a new thing with contemporary romantic suspense and it worked. They took a chance on me and I on them and I’ve got a great publisher, a great editor and it’s made me a better writer.
There are other things like getting my first fan mail – but every time it happens I’m still as thrilled! May 11, 2005 when Triad released. When my dad beat his cancer. My first RT. My first booksigning. The first day of school for kiddo #1 and #2. My first wedding anniversary. My wedding day. The Grateful Dead/Bob Dylan show in summer of 87. The first campaign my husband and I worked on. The day we moved into our house. Driving into Washington state the first time. I’ve had a very blessed life so far.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
December 6th, 2007 at 1:57 am · Link
Here is to more moments!
December 6th, 2007 at 7:03 am · Link
Awww, such wonderful moments. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have many more wonderful moments in your life.
December 6th, 2007 at 8:09 am · Link
Wow! What a beautiful list! I’m so glad I stumbled upon you. Have a happy TT! 😀
December 6th, 2007 at 9:54 am · Link
Those are some great moments!
December 6th, 2007 at 12:15 pm · Link
Yep, those firsts are amazing, aren’t they? And almost every one of them is accompanied by such excitement and a thrill for the future… I think we’re lucky to be able to have so many of them.
Happy TT, Lauren!
December 6th, 2007 at 12:46 pm · Link
A great list, Lauren. Here’s to many more great moments along the way.
December 6th, 2007 at 9:16 pm · Link
A great list, and may you have many more wonderful moments. 😀