1. You want to write? Get your ass in that chair and do it. Even if it’s ten minutes every three days.
2. Stop making excuses about everyone else’s time/schedule/lifestyle/ability – you will never be anyone else but you. Be the best you you can be.
3. Keep your shit together in public
4. Dignity Costs Nothing
5. Don’t email angry. Wait a day, even an hour before you hit send.
6. Just because you can wear your underwear as clothing in public doesn’t mean you should.
7. If you preface something, “Not to be racist/sexist” etc, you are and don’t say it.
8. Suck it up
9. Don’t call your ex boyfriend or look him up on myspace just because you’ve had a fight with your current partner or when you are drunk or PMSing.
10. Don’t tell an editor your manuscript is the book of your heart.
11. Don’t give up.
12. Be grateful and humble about your successes and don’t forget to tell people you appreciate them.
13. Don’t take the low road. There’s not a damned thing wrong with being positive, especially in public.