How about we talk about Chase/Petal today?
- Will there be any more Petal books? YES! As a matter of fact, COUNT ON ME – Royal’s book, just was contracted with Samhain and it tentatively scheduled for June of next year. There will be another book to follow that (also contracted) aimed at March of 2015
- It’s my aim to get one new Petal book per year out, alternating with another series at Samhain (for the next little while it’ll be a mash up between de La Vega and National Pack)
- Will you ever be doing Edward and Polly’s story? The short answer to this is, not for the foreseeable future. Edward and Polly have a long and complicated backstory – a historical, or modern historical or whatever you’d call a book set in the 50s and 60s that would be more women’s fiction than romance because it’s far more Polly’s story and how she came to be who she is when you first meet her in Giving Chase. I DO want to write it at some point, but I’m going to need time for it and really, the right idea at the right time so I can do it justice.
- How many books total will be in the Petal series? To be honest with you I don’t know. I’m just writing the stories as I get ideas for them. Because it’s not based on a family like the Chase books were, it’s pretty infinite. But the series does have a specific flavor of the town so I want to only write books that work with that feel. As I’m writing COUNT ON ME, I’ll figure out who the next book will be about and go from there. As long as I have ideas and they fit, I’ll write books set in Petal.
- Will there be more Visits to Petal? Visits to Petal was a fun way of saying thank you to the long time readers of the Chase and Petal books. They’re just a few chapters of FREE bonus material set in the time after the last book has ended and have featured different characters from the Chase and Petal series. Sadly, even though this is supposed to be something fun as a thank you to readers, it has also led to nasty emails and comments from people who read these free chapters expecting a full book, or a full story, or all sorts of things the chapters were never meant to be. I’ve received mail saying I was ripping readers off, that I was “phoning it in” and all manner of pretty negative stuff. So, to be honest with you all, I’m not entirely sure I’ll be doing them any more because there’s already so much on my plate and the negativity in response to something meant as a fun thank you just makes it an unpleasant process. It’s sort of a prime example of the “This is why we can’t have nice things” adage.