Apologies for my silence this week! I needed to finish up a revision and so of course my oldest got sick, my husband pulled muscles in his back from coughing so hard and mini-me had a few rough days too. Anyway, I missed Thankful Thursday and it occurs to me I’ve got some people and things to be thankful for in no particular order:
1. Angela James – I was reminded of this when I did the revisions I mentioned above. Angela James has been my editor since 2006. I love working with her. She sets the bar pretty high as an editor as she’s smart, funny, has a great eye and works her butt off. In addition, she will kick your butt if you need it to help an author make the book the absolute best it can be. I am very lucky to have the benefit of her advice. I’ve had easy and quick edits with her and edits that were…not. Finding the right editor/author fit is so important. Having an editor who can push you and yet still find a way to compliment you just in the right way or place to keep you going and keep you pushing yourself is shiny and wonderful and I am very, very thankful for all she does.
2. My husband who listens to all my crazy ideas. Who experiences what a house looks like when mom is on deadline and rarely complains. A guy who stops at the grocery store on his way home and cheers all my successes. He even pretends not to snicker when I cry as I write or listen to music. I don’t know what I’d do without him, he’s incredibly good to me and in addition to all that, he’s an awesome dad. What’s not to love?
3. Finishing items on my to do list – thank heavens for it! And liking them still after all the tinkering? Priceless.
4. Friends – Thank you to each and every one of you who support me, give me lectures when I need them, kick my butt or give me WHEEE and YAY! when I deserve them. You keep me humble by being so totally fabulous and making me aspire to be better.
5. Inspiration (and a very palpable sense of gratitude – watch her face at the very end)
February 18th, 2011 at 4:48 pm · Link
Lovely post. I think it’s nice to step back now and then and think about the things (people) that make our lives great. 🙂
March 3rd, 2011 at 11:43 am · Link
Thanks for sharing that clip. Adele was wonderful for sharing those words in such a beautiful (and dare I say heartfelt) way.
Thanks also for reminding us to be grateful. We can’t be reminded too often. Remember Oprah and her Grateful Journal? I used to write out those things daily, but now I think of dozens of things instead, each and every day.