1. Every time Roarke touches the button he nicked from Eve’s ratty suit jacket from the funeral when they first met. It’s a small thing but it speaks very loudly of the tenderness between them.
2. The dock scene in Welcome to Temptation – it’s hot, funny and sort of cringeworthy all at once.
3. Sookie and Eric making out on the hood of his car outside the party in Living Dead in Dallas
4. When Claire walks into Jamie’s print shop after she’d been gone for twenty years in Dragonfly in Amber
5. When Clay and Elena come back together in such a beautifully tormented way in Bitten (I wouldn’t say Bitten is a traditional romance though, it’s got strong romantic elements and Kelley Armstrong is a fabulous author)
6. Jaine looking out her window and seeing a very nekkid Sam in his kitchen next door and saying “sweet baby jesus” in Linda Howard’s Mr. Perfect. Sam, mmmm one of La Linda’s hottest alpha dudes.
7. Bea in the under the desk scene in Emma Holly’s Personal Assets. It’s a prime example of why I love Emma Holly’s sex writing so much. There’s a lot of emotion as well as heat packed into just a few pages.
8. When Shannon meets Murphy for the first time in Born in Shame – I love how sure he is that they’re right for each other.
9. The first time we meet Daegus in Dark Highlander, in his apartment, listening to the Nine Inch Nails – oh and closely followed by the first sex scene between Daegus and Chloe. I love love love this book.
10. Derek and Sara’s first meeting in Lisa Kleypas’ Dreaming of You. Derek is a fabulous hero and the interaction between Sarah, a smart and very sassy woman and this former thug is really engaging.
11. The porch scene in After The Fire – seriously, Linda Howard can really walk the edge with some dark heroes and Grey is one of those. This is one of those books you either love or hate, I love it.
12. Every single time Ranger shows up and looks at Stephanie and says, “babe” and shakes his head. Janet, can we just have like, a solid book of Ranger/Stephanie lovin?
13. Sam falling on Rick in Flirting with Danger. Enoch gives a rather unconventional start to a wonderful and yet totally unconventional couple.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
July 26th, 2007 at 12:15 pm · Link
Yes, yes, yes! Our reading tastes are very similar.
#12 – I’ve just read Mean Lean Thirteen. Yep, that “babe” gets me every time.
July 26th, 2007 at 1:19 pm · Link
Ranger, oh yeah. And that’s one of my favorite scenes, from Mr. Perfect! Clay and Elena, maybe not your typical romance couple, but do they ever work together. Great examples!
July 26th, 2007 at 2:40 pm · Link
Ranger! Thank you–what is she doing with boring ass Morelli, anyway?
July 26th, 2007 at 7:13 pm · Link
8. I just loved that series!!
July 27th, 2007 at 4:42 am · Link
i am so with you on: “Every single time Ranger shows up and looks at Stephanie and says, â€œbabeâ€ and shakes his head. Janet, can we just have like, a solid book of Ranger/Stephanie lovin?” i keep waiting and waiting – gah!!! it’s making me a little crazy!
Clay and Elena – oh yeah. I’d probably agree about Sookie and Eric but Eric is totally on my forever shitlist.
July 27th, 2007 at 8:16 am · Link
Oh yes, Murphy Muldoon and Shannon. One of my favorite romances. Murphy is such a perfect character. It was quite amazing that your tastes were so similar to mine. Except for two, I have read all of the above and enjoyed them. 🙂