I’m a huge PJ Harvey fan. My second summer at college my friend April brought Dry to work and that was it. I’ve loved her ever since (oh and April too! Hi April XOXO!). There’s nothing like angry PJ, but I still love PJ in love and in New York City too. If I had to pick a favorite CD it would be Rid of Me. Favorite song? Impossible to choose! **Edited to add links to hear some of her music because many haven’t yet. On the amazon pages you can scroll down and listen to snippets*
1. Speak, I’m listening. Baby, I’m your sweet thing… Rub ‘Til It Bleeds
2. Give just everything, She’s got me so mesmerized… Yuri G
3. I’m coming up man size, Skinned alive. I want to fit, Got to get, Man size, I’m heading on, Handsome, Got my leather boots on… Man Size
4. look at these, my child-bearing hips, look at these, my ruby-red ruby lips, look at these, my work strong-arms, you’ve got to see my bottle full of charm… Sheela na Gig
5. Angel at my table, God in my car… Victory
6 Over, Under, Die of, Pleasure – Long Snake Moan
7. And this world tonight is mine, A world to be remembered in… The Sky Lit Up
Through full lands
To be born
With love comes the day
Just hold on to me …A Place Called Home
9. Can’t you see, In my handwriting, The curve Of my g? The longing …The Letter
10. God of piston, God of steel, God is there, behind my wheel – Working For the Man
11. I remember it all started when he bought that car, It was the first thing he’d ever owned apart from me, And the color was red…Taut
12. Tie yourself, to me, and no one else…Rid of Me
13. I’d put stars at your feet, Put Mars in your head… Missed
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
April 5th, 2007 at 3:40 am · Link
love this one!!
“look at these, my child-bearing hips, look at these, my ruby-red ruby lips, look at these, my work strong-arms, youâ€™ve got to see my bottle full of charm”
April 5th, 2007 at 5:41 am · Link
I’ll admit that I don’t know PJ Harvey at all, but the lyrics are provacative. Must be a music kind of Thursday. That’s what I wrote about as well. 😀
April 5th, 2007 at 6:11 am · Link
Poetry. Thanks for the reminder.
April 5th, 2007 at 8:51 am · Link
Now I need to dig out my PJ stuff. 😎
April 5th, 2007 at 9:33 am · Link
I’ve never heard of PJ. But those are some fabulous lyrics!
April 5th, 2007 at 11:58 am · Link
I’ve never heard of him either, but I’m musically challenged, lol.
April 5th, 2007 at 1:06 pm · Link
Interesting. I usually don’t go for the PJ Harvey type of music; maybe I should investigate.
April 5th, 2007 at 2:33 pm · Link
Hmm, I haven’t heard of PJ Harvey either. The lyrics are wonderful though.
April 5th, 2007 at 4:05 pm · Link
I’ve never heard of him either. But I loves the lyrics!
April 6th, 2007 at 7:30 am · Link
love lyrics that actually tell a story in a few words. 😀