Still sick. Ugh. Darned germ factories! My kids have given me the third major illness since school started only this one appears to be the flu and my 5 and 2 year old are similarily affected, poor things.
Still, I have a lot to be thankful for other than stanky old dayquil and as tomorrow I hope to sleep this off or at least snuggle in bed with my family for most of the day, I thought I’d do Thankful Thursday on a Wednesday instead!
1. The release of Taking Chase
2. The release of Thrice United
3. Continuing to write and be able to sell what I finish, what a blessing that is!
4. On that note, selling Stripped to Spice! YAY!
5. Selling Ascension to Ellora’s Cave
6. Hitting the sweet spot on Chased
7. My fabulous friends who are a neverending source of support
8. My fabulous readers without which none of this would be possible. The notes you send me totally make my day!
9. My husband, who is, quite simply everything. Supportive, kind, gentle, giving, handsome, smart, funny, a great dad and pretty much good at everything he tries.
10. My family – kids, parents, family of my heart
11. My agent – who is just wonderful. I am sooo lucky to have someone like her in my corner.
13. Great books to read
14. Oh and pumpkin pie. Oh how I love me some pumpkin pie.
Y’all have a lovely Thanksgiving in the United States!
November 22nd, 2006 at 9:41 pm · Link
Happy Thanksgiving, Lauren! I hope you feel better. And that you don’t have to cook tomorrow feeling all icky.
November 23rd, 2006 at 12:32 am · Link
Congrats on the sales Lauren! Woohoo! Get well soon!
November 23rd, 2006 at 5:32 am · Link
Happy Thanksgiving, to you and yours, Lauren! Hope you get well soon! 😀 I can’t take over the counter cough meds, so I drank scotch-spiked hot tea when I had the flu last month, and slept like a baby, with no coughing! Try a hot toddy today!
November 24th, 2006 at 4:05 pm · Link
Hope you’re feeling better and had a good Thanksgiving, Lauren. Congrats on the Spice sale. That rocks!
November 24th, 2006 at 7:50 pm · Link
Thank you, Lori! I did cook but it was fairly low key as now my husband is sick too. I already had a turkey defrosted so I tossed it in the oven for a few hours and we had a quiet meal later.
Crystal – thank you!
You have the right idea, Kathy! I did have a glass of red wine yesterday but mainly alcohol tends to mess with my immune system so I’ve been avoiding it until I feel better. When I do get well I plan on making mulled wine. I’ve been craving it.
Loribelle – thank you, doll! I appear to have turned the corner and my daughter and I are on the mend albeit still sick. My husband is now in the grips, LOL.