In no particular order!
2. Jewels Of The Sun – Nora Roberts. I love her Irishmen and this entire series is worth a re-read every once in a while
3. Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Night Play – So many times when the heroine is a big girl, we have to hear acres of pages about her self loathing and the guy changes that and her. But Bride isn’t that whiny heroine at all and Vane is a fabulous hero.
4. Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning – okay, I’ve read this one probably ten times. There’s something so engrossing about a darkly sexual man like Daegus. It’s my favorite of the series.
5. Lisa Kleypas’ Dreaming of You – Derek Craven is probably one of my top ten favorite romance heroes ever. I think the combination of HH in this book is one of the most clever and well written on all my shelves. It cemented my feeling that Kleypas is one of the best authors out there.
6. Devil’s Bride – Stephanie Laurens – The beginning of the Cynster books. My favorite of the series.
7. Elizabeth Lowell’s Chain Lightning. Here’s the thing about my love of EL – No one else could write the same kind of exasperating asshole alpha hero and make me love him anyway. I don’t know what it is about her, but there are things in her books that I would never tolerate in any other authors’. More than that, I come back for more. EL is like the magic eraser, I don’t know what’s in it or why it works so well, but I adore it and don’t question why anymore.
8. Linda Howard – After the Night. Oh man do I love this book.
9. Linda Howard’s Mr. Perfect. The scene where she looks through her kitchen window into Sam’s house? One of my favorites ever.
10. Erin McCarthy’s Bad Boys Online. This anthology is what made me a fan and she’s kept me there with each book.
11. Suzanne Brockmann’s Out of Control – I resisted reading her SEAL books for a long time but this was the first one I read and IMO, still the best.
12. Lori Foster’s Never Too Much (followed closely by her Winstons and the Buckhorn County books).
13. Susan Elizabeth Phillips’ Ain’t She Sweet – I absolutely adore SEP’s ability to take an unlikeable character and write her so you’re rooting for her at the end. I think she’s got such an amazing talent with that.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants