When Will (book title here) Be In Print?
Fated, Always, Laid Open, Cake and Believe are all novellas or short novels. They are too short to go to print on their own. Sometimes a publisher will put a few shorter works of an author together in one volume so they can go to print (usually if they are on the same subject/series/genre). Other times publishers might combine a few different authors' shorter works into an anthology. At this point I don't know of any plans for the books I name above to go to print. My digital first books from Samhain, granted they are long enough for print, will release in trade paperback six months after digital release. Carina goes on a case by case basis. Goddess With A Blade will release in mass market paperback in December 2013 but I don't know of any plans for Second Chances to go to print.
Will You be Writing A Story For:
Wilhelm Ellis from the Federation Chronicles: Yes but not for a few years given my current schedule. Damien Hurley's brothers from Lush: Yes, those books, the Hurley Boys, will be releasing as a trilogy from HQN in September and December of 2014 and March of 2015. Paddy's book is first, The Best Kind of Trouble, followed by Ezra and then Paddy. Jonah and Levi's brothers from Sway and Drawn Together: Yes at some point in the future it's definitely in my plans to write books for the Warners. Ryan Whaley (Mary and Cal's brother from the Delicious books): Right now I don't have a story idea for him. But if I do, I most definitely will give him his HEA. Skye and Ryan from Cherchez Pack: No. At this point I'm done with that world.
How are the Cascadia Wolves/de La Vega Cats/Bound By Magick books connected? What is the Reading Order?
The world in the Bound By Magick books is the same with Cascadia Wolves and de La Vega Cats. You do NOT have to read the Bound By Magick series to read the others or understand them (or the others to understand BBM). Each series focuses on the group and their individual problems but there's a common timeline with the other series and a chain of events that happens in Heart of Darkness (that begins in Trinity actually) that echoes across the later books in all three series. Again, each series is standalone and it is not necessary to read the others - however each series does have a meta story arc that carries over multiple books with individual HEA in each story. Hope that makes sense! The overall timelines goes like this: Reluctant (Cascadia prequel) Enforcer (CW) Tri Mates (CW) Wolf Unbound (CW) Standoff (CW) Trinity (a crossover that has some Cascadia but starts the de La Vega series) Revelation (dLV) Heart of Darkness (Bound By Magick - again, this is just a timeline, you don't have to read the cats to understand the witches, etc) Chaos Burning (BBM) Beneath the Skin (dLV) Unconditional (CW) Going Under (BBM) Wild Darkness (BBM) Within each series: CW Reluctant Enforcer Tri Mates Wolf Unbound Standoff Unconditional dLV Trinity Revelation Beneath the Skin Bound By Magick Heart of Darkness Chaos Burning Going Under Wild Darkness
Will there be more Brown Family Novels?
The Brown Family Novels: Laid Bare: Ben, Erin, Todd Coming Undone: Brody and Elise Inside Out: Cope and Ella Never Enough: Adrian and Gillian Laid Open (digital only novella): Ben, Todd and Erin Drawn Together: Jonah and Raven Are done for now. All the siblings have their HEA. You can also see the Browns/Copelands/Keenans in the Delicious series (Sway, Tart, Lush) In the future, I do plan to write the next generation of the family. There are a lot of kids growing up! But that won't be happening until 2015 at the earliest
Will there be more Chase Brothers books?
The Chase Brothers series: Giving Chase: Kyle and Maggie Taking Chase: Shane and Cassie Chased: Marc and Liv Making Chase: Tate and Matt Is over at this point as all the brothers have their HEA. You do see the Chases in many of the Petal, Ga books (spinoff series)
Are any of your books interrelated and do I have to read them in order?
I have several series:
- Federation Chronicles - erotic futuristic from Berkley Heat. Undercover and Relentless are set in the same world but are both standalone books. Insatiable, Mesmerized and Captivated are part of a three book story arc called Phantom Corps- so each book will feed into the next with one main story (war with the Imperialists) with an HEA for each couple in each book.
- Delicious - erotic contemporary romance from Berkley Heat. This series features a group of women who live in Bainbridge Island, each is an artist in her own way. They're also connected with the Brown Siblings world, but will stand alone. Books are Sway (August '12), Tart (November '12). Mary and Raven's books will be out in 2013
- Brown Family - contemporary erotic romance from Berkley Heat - Laid Bare, Coming Undone and Inside Out are all about the same group of friends and family. While it's not necessary to read them all in order, you get to know the group of characters more with each book.
- Bound By Magick - paranormal romance from Berkley Sensation. This is a contemporary paranormal world filled with Others of all sorts. The first two books are set in Seattle (Heart of Darkness November '11 and Chaos Burning - June '12) There are small easter eggs in the books which connect to some of my others. Just little things here and there. The world is the same as the one my de La Vega and Cascadia series are set in as well but it is not necessary to have read them.
- de La Vega Cats - paranormal erotic romance. This is a spin off series from my Cascadia Wolves set in Boston. There's significant story connections between the wolves and cats and the first two books Trinity and Revelation ARE part of a two book story arc. Meaning that while each couple/triad gets its own HEA in each book, the story continues from Trinity into Revelation.
- Cascadia Wolves Ã¢â‚¬â€œ paranormal erotic Ã¢â‚¬â€œ werewolves. These are also standalone but when dealing with details like Pack hierarchy and rules, it's good, IMO, to read from the start to get a better feel for the universe as a whole.
- Petal, Georgia - this is a contemporary small town romance series from Samhain. It's a spinoff from the Chase Brothers and is set in the town of Petal. The first book, Once and Again, features Nathan Murphy and the next will be about his sister Beth. Further books will feature other members of the Murphy family and some others in town. While they are standalone, the established relationships in the book stem from the Chase Brothers books so it's not necessary to have read them, but it's helpful if you'd like to know who Maggie and Kyle are, etc.
- Chase Brothers Ã¢â‚¬â€œ contemporary romance - sensual. This series is about four brothers in a small town. The first two are romantic suspense and as we're dealing with a build up of characters and events with each book that feeds into the next, I think it's nice to read in order. However, it's not necessary.
Will There Be Any More Cherchez Pack Books?
It always makes me happy that the books and these characters are so enjoyed! At this point though, over seven years after the last book came out, I'm done with that world and those characters.
When will be the next book in your Witches Knot series released?
I loved writing the books, but the series is finished.
Will there be more FEDERATION CHRONICLES novels?
The Federation Universes are huge and limitless. At some point, yes, I will return to the series to write a book for Wil and Deimos. Not until at least 2015 though as my schedule is pretty tight until then.
When will be the next book in your Cascadia Wolves series released?
I've finished up with the first story arc - Enforcer through Standoff. I've got two standalones, Reluctant which is a prequel and Fated, which comes after Standoff. In October 2009, I released Trinity, which is Jack Meyers' story and a spin off series, de La Vega Cats set in the National Pack territory. Unconditional is the latest book and it crosses over a few of the series set in this world. It's the start of a whole new story arc.