Tagged by Lacy Danes – my shopping partner, LOL!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. I hate eggs. European or Mexican drinking chocolate. A bit of whiskey to make it just a bit spicy is nice too.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap them of course. My kids love to rip them open and uh, Santa keeps a special roll of paper just for Santa presents so they’re not to be confused with the other presents from mom and dad.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White inside and out. I’ve expressed a desire for colored on the outside of the house and my husband expressed his desire for me to be happy with whatever he gets on the ladder to put up.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, I just grab kisses when I want one.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. But not this year because I was sick as a dawg. I did it this last weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Hmm, just one? I love baked ham but the husband does not so I do a small one for me and my two youngest who love it too. And all the little appetizer thingies.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I didn’t grow up with loads of money so often, my parents wrapped presents in newspaper instead of wrapping paper. My dad would address gifts as being from sports people like Tommy Lasorda, etc. I love that, it’s probably one of my favorite all time memories. They’ve recently started doing that for my kids and I think it’s the coolest.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don’t remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I want to but my husband makes me wait. But um, we have some stuff that’s not really openable in front of the kiddos that we open on Christmas Eve now.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights, garland and ornaments. I’m not one of those organized people who has a color scheme though.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it as long as no one has to drive in it because we live at the top of an 8% grade and it’s deadly to try and drive down.
12. Can you ice skate? Never tried. I grew up in Los Angeles. Not much ice to skate on there.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don’t. I did have my oldest in November, which was a great early present. I’ve gotten loads of wonderful stuff over the years.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making memories with my kids and husband. I love that moment after the presents have all been opened and the coffee is ready and my husband and I look at the kids playing wildly and we’re dead tired but it’s just a wonderful time.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cheesecake.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating with the kids.
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. But I won’t lie and say I don’t love to open presents.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh Holy Night and Deck the Halls.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUM!
I’m supposed to tag people so I tag Mechele and Lany.