THIRTEEN SONGS I’M CURRENTLY ADDICTED TO
1. Whitney Houston – It’s Not Right, But It’s Okay – Holy cripes do I love this song.
2. Chaka Khan – I’m Every Woman. Okay so yesterday I got all gushy about her here. I’ve done it before and I’m sure I’ll do it again. There’s no one like her. I love to turn this up loud and dance around the house with Morrigan. I can cast a spell, secrets you can tell…
3. Tool, Jambi – this is probably my very favorite Tool song (a feat I must say because I love Tool!) This one is on many a writing soundtrack. Oh the video is matched up with scenes from The 300. Mmmm, abtastic.
4. Tool – Forty Six and Two – my second favorite Tool song and more abtastic goodness…
5. The Donna’s Too Bad About Your Girl – sometimes simple, silly rock and roll hits the spot. I wish the Donnas got more media attention.
6. Goldfrapp – Ooh La La – god, another band who needs more attention. A friend turned me on to them a few years ago and once I heard Black Cherry how could I not fall in love. This one has become a recent favorite as I revised Stripped. I can totally see Dahlia dancing to this.
7. Depeche Mode – I Feel You. There’s pretty much always a DM song on my current obsession list. This week it’s this one.
8. Twista and Pharrel – Give It Up. Also on my Stripped tracklist.
9. MC Solaar, Ben Oui – don’t have any idea what he’s saying but it’s all in French and sounds so good. He’s probably ordering a burger or whatever, still sounds sexy.
10. Dudes, I love Reba. Like seriously totally love her. And she did this duets thing with Kelly Clarkson and they did Because of You and it’s just a fab song and makes me cry every time I hear it. But anyway, I’m not a huge country music fan but Reba is a great example of how great music is simply great music. I have to link because the video is disabled for embedding. But this one is on Reba’s recent release and so worth checking out.
11. Gwen Stefani – Wind Up – the bass drum in this song kicks ass.
12. Dave Matthews Band – Crash Into Me. Hike Up Your Skirt A Little More…And Show The World To Me…
13. And another bit of the 1980’s – Eurythmics – Here Comes The Rain. Annie Lennox has a voice that makes me always stop and listen. Beautiful. Click here to see the video