1. I love cake. But not more than I love cupcakes. Cupcakes are like a mini birthday party, with buttercream frosting. And other than adding Clive Owen with frosting, there’s not much else I love in the world more (okay, other than my husband and my kids)
2. I love people that others tend to think are weird or odd.
3. I want to be a rollergirl. Alas, I am too damned old and these young chicks would kick my ass. Sigh.
4. Other than Judy Blume’s, Forever, I didn’t really read romance novels until I was in my early thirties. It was Jenny Crusie’s, Welcome To Temptation that really sold me on the idea that a romance could be sexy, funny and intelligent. Since then I’ve found that to be true with many other authors as well.
5. I hesitated in reading SEP’s, Ain’t She Sweet for over a year. I kept thinking, “why would I want to read about this woman?” When I finally gave in I became a SEP fangirl on the spot. I absolutely love how she takes someone unlikeable like Sugar Beth and makes you root for her by the end.
6. I was pregnant with my daughter when I finally read my first Nora Roberts book. It was actually her Naked in Death/JD Robb book. I then went out and devoured every single book in the series and I’ve done so as each new one comes out. I also started reading her Nora books. My first one was “Carnal Innocence” and it remains one of my favorites.
7. When I started writing, I had no idea that the things I do are supposedly big no no items. I’m glad I didn’t know that because they seem to be the things readers like the most.
8. I’m incredibly sentimental about things and I cry when reading and at the movies all the time.
9. I am a ridiculously huge Pearl Jam fan. I absolutely love them, love the songwriting, love the way they treat their fans (with one notable exception this summer, grr)
10. I curse too much.
11. I am blunt. I’ve tried not to be, but it doesn’t work. Many people have a problem with that. However, you’ll always know where you stand with me.
12. I’ve been with my husband since we were both 18. Twenty years of togetherness and 18 years of marriage last month and still he’s my best friend and biggest supporter.
13. I talk to the television. Drives my husband crazy and he won’t watch any legal shows with me because I mutter and complain the whole time
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants