So, a year ago today I got the letter from my editor (I originally remembered it as being from Raelene but I went to look and it was from the fantabulous Ann) that started:
After reviewing your submission, TRIAD, Ellora’s Cave would like to extend to you a contract for publication.
And my life hasn’t been the same since then. It’s been an amazing year filled with very high highs and some low lows too, but overall, it’s been so incredible and living a dream that I’ve had since I was old enough to make up my first story is indescribably wonderful.
In the last 365 days I’ve:
- Edited and had Triad release in ebook and now in print
- Written, edited and had A Touch of Fae release in ebook format
- Written, edited and had Second Chances release in ebook format
- Written and submitted Dark Justice
- Written and submitted Cascadia Wolves: The Encorcer
- Written and submitted Witches Knot
- Written and and still editing Enclave
- Written and still editing Wolf
- Set up a website, an author loop, joined two different author cooperatives, chatted, blurbed and edited.
- Gotten fan mail and what a joy that is, thank you all!
And a lot more, but those are the big highlights. I have to tell you all that I would not have those things to list if you were not behind me, supporting me through everything, sending me notes of encouragement, commenting here and at my loop. It’s incredibly special to me that you all take the time to tell me how you felt about my books.
Now, I’m off to sniffle a bit and snuggle with my kiddos and enjoy the warm glow.